The mission of AESGP is to ensure a sustainable positive development of the self-care industry.
AESGP's key objectives are:
- To ensure that self-care plays an increasingly valuable role in healthcare as a positive and cost-effective contributor to the health and well-being of Europe’s citizens.
- To ensure that consumers can be well informed on the availability of self-care products, e.g. through advertising, presentation in pharmacies and through the development of brands which they can trust and rely on.
- To ensure recognition of the self-care industry's role as a reliable and trustworthy provider of self-care solutions.
- To achieve the adoption and implementation of a balanced and proportionate regulatory and economic framework that facilitates innovation and rapid market access for the widest range of self-care products in a consistent way across Europe.
- To promote a competitive environment for the self-care market, supporting free pricing by manufacturers for self-care products.
AESGP pursues these objectives through a series of actions and initiatives. These include:
- Developing and communicating evidence-based information on self-care.
- Maintaining the unique AESGP knowledge base on self-care and acting as the key spokesperson for, and provider of information on, the self-care industry.
- Cooperating with the European bodies representing other stakeholders in healthcare.
- Managing the interface between the industry and decision makers and institutions at the European level.
- Contributing effectively to discussions and working committees regarding European legislation/ regulation and other relevant international rules.
- Facilitating information exchange amongst its member companies and associations and providing support.
- Supporting national political activities, as appropriate.